Sunday, October 30, 2011

Uncle Earl's Has Been Sold To An Out Of State Sponsor?


I wish I could answer that question so we could move forward on this issue, but as far as I know, this is only a rumor.

And don't blame me for spreading rumors!

I would like to talk to whoever is in charge of what will be the next Uncle Earl's.

So I am asking around, and not getting much information.



I have been a loyal supporter of EU since I first went to Winnfield in 1996.

I have a lot of fond memories, few regrets, and made many friends.

One of my greatest regrets, is not being able to talk to Jimmy and Sharon since this years Uncle Earl's. But that is their call not mine, I tried.

Sometimes we have to stand up for what is right in spite of what it costs us.

I am sure the mess I have stirred up has made Jimmy Young angry, and perhaps, I have hurt Mrs. Sharon Young's feelings. As much as I would have preferred to discuss things like how many teams were disqualified for catching in the 2 dog, I was never given an answer to that question. Hey it is a free country, or so we are told.





Anyone who sees the big picture, knows the price of freedom is not free, it comes with great risk, and many have paid the price for the freedoms we so often take for granted here in civilian peacetime America.

If anyone questions my motives for stirring up stuff at Uncle Earl's, I want to say; "It is because I care enough to walk through fire to protect this sport and people I love."


Mark Twain

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." ~ Mark Twain

No comments: