Friday, January 27, 2017

Guess Who Is On Top?


20 years ago, I sold my pick of the litter to someone as a family pet with the condition that I could always come back and breed to the dog. To make a long story short, instead of returning 'my' pup, they had the dog euthanized @ 6 months because they claimed it was 'too aggressive'. Unfortunately, they failed to understand that 'self defense' is NOT aggresion!

About 10 yrs ago, the street punks who fight pitbulls in my neighborhood found out the hard way that my curs win in fights with their dogs. Since then, I have had to be on guard about who I sell my dogs to because they now want to cross breed my dogs over their pits.

What is below, I copied and pasted from Facebook, and it will help explain the 2 statements above. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been holding off on posting this, but I feel the need to share.
Last weekend a neighbor had a house guest, who brought a pit bull with them. I had Minnie outside for an early morning potty break when they let the pit bull out. The pit barks and then proceeds to run a half a block to my backyard. At this point I'm not sure if it was after me or my Cur pup, but I was scrambling trying to get my dog back in the house. I couldn't get to her in time. About halfway across my backyard the pit bull lunged at my pup. In the darkness it was hard to tell what was going on, but with the growling and wheezing mixed with the rustling leaves I knew it was a serious fight and my heart sank, I've just started working with my dog and getting her interested in squirrels and now I'm going to lose her right here in my backyard.
The neighbor's guest came running with his flashlight and starting screaming incoherently. As he turned his light to what I can only assume is going to be a bloody mess of what was left of my cur puppy, I couldn't believe what was happening.
My four month old, 35 pound, Ladner Cur was holding a 45-50 pound pit bull to the ground by the throat!! After I knew my dog was in control of the situation I knew I could get in there to help her. I proceeded to let the other fellow know that he and his dog were less than liked here and that he should make sure to keep his dog and his mouth under control. The pit bull and the house guest left later that morning.
We have young children and this situation could have been tragic if they had been in the yard. I can tell you that from now on, Minnie will always be with them when they go out.
I am happy to say that Ladner's Minnie Pearl came through the scuffle without a scratch! My wife is so proud of her, she bought her a new rope toy.
It's hard to believe a dog can be so gentle with our family and friends and still have the grit to protect us like she did.
Thank you Curt Ladner and Tonya Bulmer for sending this wonderful dog my way.
I love stories like this

No comments: