Friday, March 19, 2010

Memories of The Uncle Earl's Past

Christina at 4 years old, and her Bobalou, at 16 weeks oldde la Houssaye's Catahoula puppies


Christina and I have never missed an Uncle Earl's until this year.

Bobalou, my swamp tour guide dog, at two years

As promised I will share some fond memories of years past.

A de la Houssaye's Swamp TourEven though, I missed a weeks worth of swamp tour business, Christina and I always found a way to be at Winnfield for our annual spring break.

At the year 1999, my daughter, Christina was six old, and I remember her asking me if she could cut her hair, I said "yes".

Now bear in mind, this question came to me as I was packing the truck for our week at Winnfield.

I was busy, and paid no attention to her until about 1/2 hour later, when I found her with scissors in hand and doing a trim like Daddy does when he cuts his own hair.As you can see in the image above, she had a few loose ends and was a little rough around the edges, but all in all did a good job considering her lack of experience.


Cutty Dark on a sow
Typical of Cutty Dark he will catch what he can as seen belowI can't wait to put him on something he can't catch, like the rank hogs at Fort Bayou Ranch next week!


Sammy, a six year old son of Maurice
A Louisiana sunset in My Wild Louisiana

No comments: