Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dog Vaccinations: Are We Causing More Harm Than Good

I am working on a post about the last two hunts I made and the fine people on this hunting club who invited me in to regulate their hogs. I will share some stories, about the two brothers who are sons of Bob, and both fired off for the first time.

You will also find out about Lulu, and why we don't call her Lulu for nothing!

This post is a follow up of the post about a month ago where I put the picture of the fine 5 1/2 month old puppy that died of parvo, for lack of a vaccination.

And I do practice regular vaccinations of puppies, but first...


Marcus de la Houssaye is not a veterinarian. The information below is provided for information purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for advice from a qualified health practitioner.

So, on that note: I am not a veterinarian, but in high school it was my choice of career to pursue in college. And I did start in the university to become a vet, but had too many objections to the things I was being taught there to continue my education.

You see, I am a free thinking person, and last I checked, this was a free country.

And I am free to make my mistakes and free to admit I am wrong sometimes, better yet, I am free to protest against my government, and to point out if I think someone else is wrong.

But what I hate about this world I am living in, is some so called educated expert, who thinks they are smarter than me and trying to control my thoughts and plant fear in my mind, to manipulate my activities. Their proposals are often based upon their greed and book knowledge that is so far removed from the common sense, countrified world that I operate in, it is starting to inspire me to write books.

In Louisiana, it is a law that you are required to vaccinate your dogs for rabies every year. And it is a good thing to have your dog vaccinated against, if you are out in the wild with a bay dog, because there are critters like raccoons and skunk that carry rabies and your dog can contract this disease and pass it on to other dogs, or humans if it is not vaccinated.

Also vets recommend we give our dogs an annual booster for the 8 way to prevent viral and bacterial infections. We have all accepted the advise of our vets and followed the law regarding rabies vaccination without questioning. Right?

But we were given vaccinations as children for many things, and do we have to have annual boosters? No, we have a lifetime adult immunity. Are our dogs any different?

Below are two excerpts from a website raising concerns and opening discussion about vaccination reactions. You can go there to read the article in whole if you click the link below, but it is a lot of big medical terms and it gets boring:

http://users.on.net/~peter.hart/Over-vaccination%20of%20pets%20-%20an%20unethical%20practice%20(2).pdf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronald Schultz provides an analogy with human measles vaccination, noting we don’t regularly re vaccinate people. Schultz notes “the immune system of a person is similar to that of an animal, and since immunity persists for the life of a person (average 70+ years), then why wouldn't immunity from canine or feline vaccines persist for 10 to 15 years? The answer is that many canine and feline vaccines do provide the same lifelong immunity”.
Nevertheless, the veterinary industry continues to cling to unnecessary re vaccination for financial motives. Re vaccination is a valuable source of income for pharmaceutical companies and veterinarians alike. It appears re vaccination is used as a practice management tool to lure clients into veterinary surgeries - “a practice is a business after all”. However, it is not ethical practice to urge clients to have medical interventions for their pets that are not needed and which may cause harm – Ronald Schultz calls this “an unacceptable medical procedure”.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A paper published in 2001 suggests long-term over-activation of the immune system may be a major cause of cancer. This research refers to cancer in humans, but given we are all mammals with similar genes,59 perhaps this possibility is also relevant to dogs? Could over-vaccination, and the constant assault on the immune system, be causing a variety of cancers in dogs and cats over the long term? It is certainly something to ponder, especially as the scientific literature records the problem of injection site sarcomas in cats. This possibility is also another reason to cease unnecessary re vaccination of animals.
Due to the failure of the regulatory process, and the unethical veterinary practice of over-vaccination, pet owners are unlikely to be made aware of the risks of re vaccination. Not only are they not being informed about long duration of immunity with core MLV vaccines, information on possible adverse effects is also being withheld. This non-disclosure means pet owners are not being allowed to make an “informed decision” before consenting to re vaccinate their pets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So who is not sharing this information with you? Your vet, and your government.

Looks to me that they are trying to keep us in the poor house!

And don't get me started on the dog food manufacturers!

Now don't get me wrong. In my opinion, if you don't vaccinate your puppy with a 7 way it may not survive for long. And we are led to believe that there should be a series of vaccinations at 4, 8, 12, and 16 weeks for puppies. I have practiced this and believe in puppy vaccinations.

In my opinion, the most important one is the first 7 way, and I like to do it at 3 1/2 to 4 weeks. After that, the 12 week, 8 way and then ONE annual 8 way booster.

Some people want to minimize the the cost, and I recommend you check with your feed store, or ranch supply outlet, or order online.

Two online veterinary supply companies I recommend are KV vet supply and Jeffers vet supply.

There is a growing movement to question if we are being led to pay for unnecessary vaccinations because there is a lot of money to be made by drug/chemical companies, and the veterinarians who are often the conveyance of these vaccines.

Well my old-time country vet surprised me when I asked him about a kennel cough vaccine, he stated simply: "Mark, I don't have a whole lot of faith in them vaccines."

So, I began to research this issue and I want to share.

I have a website I want to recommend you visit and study. There is a lot of information there and I am warning you in advance, you may not like what you read.

I have been studying this for over thirty years after a very prideful doctor advised me by saying: "Young man, you have a lot to learn" And I said to him: "Apparently, I am not the only one here who has a lot to learn!" I walked away from doctors, and never looked back.

I do presently have an old time country doctor, 72 years old, and a for real cowboy who truely cares about people and their animals. He charges $5 per dog for rabies vaccinations. I can show up with 10 dogs and walk out with certificates for $50 total.

I will in the near future share some stories about people who are friends of mine who lost animals to vaccination reactions, but for now, below is a link to a site that has way too much info for me to process in one day, so before I go through it and get excepts, I will pass it on now.

This lady has done a lot of work to set up this information site and bless her heart she is a dog lover and wants to help people get a handle on what is happening to our animals. I will spend a lot more time in the near future researching this site, and share what is relevant. A lot of it is too technical for most of us, you and me included.

But for now, go here, and have a look see for yourself if you like:
www.dogs4dogs.com

and remember: This is a free country.

And it was founded by people who refused to be taxed, and exploited by a greedy government in league with big business corporations.

If you think you can trust your government: Just ask a native American Indian.


Marcus de la Houssaye is not a veterinarian. The information above is provided for information purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for advice from a qualified health practitioner.

No comments: