Sunday, February 2, 2014

I am writing a book...

I have with intention and purpose not published much for the last few years because I am writing a book about Catahoulas...


not published yet...


but here is a tidbit to chew on for now!




If you want to get the most from a Catahoula, never presume to own them because they may regard you as merely a slave driver. But, if they know you respect them as a valued member of the family(pack, tribe, etc), then they know that you will always be there to back them up, and then, they are willing to lay their life on the line to serve you, because they know you are willing to get elbows and knees in the dirt to help them if they are ever in a bind!


In the eyes of my dogs, I may be just the chauffer of their Chevy truck, but they tolerate my inferior humanity and want to go every where I go, even into harm's way.


For... "there is no greater love than to lay your life down for your friends"


more later...

No comments: